Masquerade sign-ups will be begin at noon on May 1, 2019!
Options for Entering the Masquerade
Craftsmanship -> you ONLY want to be judged on the construction and accuracy of your cosplay(s).
Performance -> you ONLY want to be judged on your performance as the character(s).
Both -> you want to be judged on the construction and accuracy of your cosplay(s) AS WELL AS your performance as the character(s).
- You must have a badge/be registered for Popcult Anime Con to participate.
- You must submit the online application form. (Opens May 1st)
- You must submit recorded audio if you are performing. However, there will be mics available at the masquerade if you cannot record audio.
- You must check in before the Masquerade at Cosplay HQ.
- You may not enter multiple costumes or multiple times.
- Rehearsals will be held on Saturday morning between 9am and 11am.
- At-con registration for the Masquerade might be available. Check at Cosplay HQ early morning Saturday, August 3rd.
- You may not compete if you are on PopCult Anime Con staff.
- Your performance must be PG-13.
- You must be 17 or older to enter without guardian consent. If you are 16 or under, please bring a completed consent form. The form can be found here.
- Source material for cosplays may come from anime, manga, video games, comics, graphic novels, movies, or TV.
- If you wish to submit a costume based on fan art, meme, etc. please contact PopcultMasquerade@gmail.com. Masquerade staff reserves the right to deny eligibility.
- Cosplays must follow dress code and weapon policy.
- Costumes that have previously won any award are ineligible for this masquerade.
- Length must not exceed 2.5 minutes for groups of 1-3. Groups of 4+ may not exceed 3 minutes.
- Audio must:
- Not contain profanity or offensive language
- Be in .mp3 format
- Be devoid of audio defects
- Be clear and concise
- If your skit has a stunt or shocking part, please contact the Masquerade staff at PopcultMasquerade@gmail.com for approval.
- No more than 9 people will be allowed on stage during the skit, including stage ninjas.