General Masquerade Rules
- To participate, you must have a badge for Popcult Anime Con.
- You should submit the online application form or apply early on August 19th at Cosplay HQ during the con.
- You must submit audio, if you are performing. However, there will be mics available at the masquerade if you cannot record audio.
- You must check in before the Masquerade at Cosplay HQ.
- You cannot enter multiple costumes or multiple times.
- Rehearsals will be held on Saturday morning between 9am and 11am.
- At con registration for the Masquerade might be available. Check at Cosplay HQ early August 20th.
- You cannot compete if you are on Popcult Anime Con staff.
- Your performance must be kept PG-13.
- You must be 17 or older to enter without guardian consent. If you are 16 or under, please bring a completed consent form. The form can be found here.
- Source material for cosplays can come from anime, manga, video games, comics, graphic novels, movies, or tv shows.
- If you wish to submit a costume based on fan art etc. then please contact PopcultMasquerade@gmail.com. The masquerade department reserves the right to deny eligibility.
- Cosplays must follow dress code and weapon policy.
- If the costume has previously won an award, it will not be accepted into the masquerade.
- Length should not exceed 2.5 mins, unless your group has more than 4 people then you cannot exceed 3 mins.
2. Audio should:
- Not contain profanity or offensive language.
- Be in .mp3 format.
- Be devoid of audio defects.
- Be clear and concise.
3. If your skit has a stunt or shocking part, please contact the masquerade staff for approval.
4. No more than 9 people will be allowed on the stage during the skit including stage ninjas.
Options for Entering the Masquerade
Craftsmanship -> you ONLY want to be judged on the construction and accuracy of your cosplay(s).
Performance -> you ONLY want to be judged on your performance as the character(s).
Both -> you want to be judged on the construction and accuracy of your cosplay(s) AS WELL AS your performance as the character(s).
We can’t wait to hear from you!